Monday 24 February 2014

The NHS Constitution was supposed to generate benefits of £420,000,000!

I am blogging this, cos I keep having trouble finding it(!)
The NHS Constitution was supposed to generate benefits of £420,000,000
This appeared to be completely mad (the constitution was just putting existing documents into a single document!), so I looked into it a bit (back in 2009), but on the back of this huge figure, the government spent many millions to get it in place!

In summary the main benefits were seen as enabling patients to complain more, so drive up standards... however, there was already research in the public domain that said patient complaints don't drive up standards!

So this is what I did... My Freedom of Information request via 'What Do They Know' https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/nhs_constitution_projected_benef

No comments:

Post a Comment